Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sunday in the city

What better place to spend a hot summer afternoon than in the movies? That's what me, Lesley (check out her etsy.com site) and Ina, two of my fellow Mogulettes, did this past Sunday. We met at the Grey Dog Café in the West Village for a snack first - an adorable little eatery overlooking Carmine St. where everything looks fresh and homemade. They have huge sandwiches made with thick slices of bread and jumbo chocolate chip cookies that made my mouth water (but I was a good girl and behaved myself :-)).

Lesley, me and Ina at the Grey Dog Café on Carmine St.

From there it was a short walk to the Film Forum to see a documentary my friend Shana worked on called "Flying: Confessions of a Free Woman". It was about how women around the world view the subject of marriage and relationships, but what was really interesting to me was how a regular woman, through her own efforts, was able to put this film together and then run it in a theater in New York City. She dedicated four years to this project and didn't give up until it was finished. Which goes to show that where there's a will there's a way - and if she can do it, so can we!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a fantastic day indeed! such fun. very nice post too, glad you were able to use one of the photos. turns out that young man was quite the avid photographer! who knew.

part 2 anyone?

 
ss_blog_claim=5132e7430fe5bea3a6592da3e94f1cb5