Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Building my very own field of dreams

Great news! As a way to expand our business plan circle, I've created a Mogulette Meetup page so that more fabulous business "fempreneurs" can join us. After having had a couple of failed attempts in getting my business ideas off the ground, the one thing I have clear is that I can't do it alone. I need the energy and strength of like-minded souls so that I don't lose my mojo. And the more the merrier, as they say!

To stay on track with my vision and my business plan I've come to realize I need to create structures in my life. Our weekly meetings achieve that - I know that I have to get certain things done before I meet again with the Mogulettes. I'm not sure if it's laziness or fear but if I don't have that incentive, I won't do it (the No Limits Ladies blog has another good idea: join the "Rich Woman" book study). Which brings me to my Business Philosophy: more than anything else I would like my company to reflect a welcoming and supportive atmosphere. Just as I need help in reaching my goals, others need it too, and I'd like to provide that.

In the words of Kevin Costner in Field of Dreams: "If you build it they will come." I truly believe that if I build my "field of dreams" people will come, but the planning process is taking a bit longer than I expected. When I shared these thoughts with a friend recently he reminded me that what's important is to keep going. He claims that it takes 50 actions to make an extra $25,000. Well I don't know if those numbers are exactly right but it made me realize that "Rome wasn't built in a day", and I just need to keep taking actions and let go of the results...

I was very inspired by a NY Times article about how Ina Garten , the Barefoot Contessa, started out (check it out: The Barefoot Impresario). She had no idea she'd be this successful in the beginning but she kept on going, and look at her now!

Next week we'll be taking a field trip to listen to T. Harv Eker, author of "Secrets of the Millionaire Mind". He's giving afree seminar in New York.

Until then, live fearlessly!!

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=5132e7430fe5bea3a6592da3e94f1cb5